This is a public and patient education campaign on a very critical issue of our times, Choose Safer Healthcare.
RNT Patient Safety Week
At RN Tagore Hospital, patient safety is an integral part of the care we provide and engrained within our hospital culture. We welcome this opportunity to celebrate Patient Safety Awareness month in collaboration with our patients, our staff, and our community. Our focus is to improve the awareness of IPSG (International Patient Safety Goals) among staff
- Goal 1: Identify patients correctly.
- Goal 2: Improve effective communication.
- Goal 3: Improve the safety of high-alert medications.
- Goal 4: Ensure safe surgery.
- Goal 5: Reduce the risk of health care-associated infections.
- Goal 6: Reduce the risk of patient harm resulting from falls
We offer the following tips to help patients stay safe and comfortable during their hospital stay:
- Speak Up. You must trust your health care provider, but remember communication is a two-way street. If you have a question or concern about your care, ask your doctor and nurse.
- Keep your hands clean. Hand hygiene is the most effective way to prevent the spread of infection. Keep your hands clean and make sure providers clean their hands before touching you.
- Educate yourself. Unfortunately, it is possible to acquire an infection in the hospital while being treated for something else. Know the signs and symptoms of infection and let your health care provider know if you experience them.
- Participate in treatment decisions. Your health care provider has your best interests in mind, but you must be an active participant in your own care. Discuss all treatment options so you can make an informed decision together.
Patient safety is everyone’s responsibility, from physicians and nurses to patients and visitors. We must all work together to ensure patients receive the best, safest care.